Preschool Music Workshops
Special preschool music workshop available for teachers in the Miami area
Preschoolers may not be ready for all enrichment classes, but they are definitely ready for music!
Would you like to use music more effectively in the classroom but are not sure how to go about it?
As an early childhood professional who has been in the field for over 20 years, I have developed a formula for a successful 30 minute music class that works in the classroom or studio setting, and works for music and non-music teachers as well.
Join us for a 8 hour preschool music workshop teacher training Saturday, August 3 in Miami Shores, Florida.
What you’ll learn and experience:
• The importance of music and movement and how children learn music
• Songs, fingerplays, movement and focused listening activities; all developmentally appropriate for preschool
• How to become a better and more tuneful singer and sing in the vocal range of the young child
• A demonstration class of preschoolers led by a master teacher
• A proven successful sequence of activities for the perfect 30 minute music class
• How to equip your classroom with appropriate instruments and props
What you’ll get:
• Toddlers Take a Ride or Preschoolers Sing: A teacher’s guidebook with step by step instructions for presenting activities for weekly music classes.
• Online access to step by step lesson plans and recordings
• Recommendations for additional resources to add to your classroom musical experience
• Opportunities for follow-up teacher mentoring*
Who should attend:
• Preschool, Montessori and Daycare professionals in the preschool classroom
• Dance/Music School/Studio teachers
• Church choir and Sunday School early childhood leaders
• Anyone working in any setting with young children
*personal business training and mentoring is also available
• $150 including teacher guide and online access to videos and recordings
• additional teachers from the same classroom can come for $100 (no materials included)
Space is limited so register today!
Have questions or need more information? Call or text 786-490-7988 .
About Miss Jane:
Jane Spinney has a passion for music and young children. Miss Jane has been teaching in the private piano studio, school classroom and early childhood music studio for over 20 years. She is the owner of Miss Jane’s Music Studio in Miami Shores, Florida, where she teaches early childhood music classes, group and private piano.
Miss Jane also is the early childhood music specialist at Miami Country Day School and has also worked with Miami Shores Montessori and the Miami Shores Presbyterian Church. She holds Level II certification from the Early Childhood Music and Movement Association. She has led several workshops in the Miami and Orlando areas on early childhood music and beginning piano and presented at state conferences such as the Florida Montessori Coalition and national conferences for such organizations as the Early Childhood Music & Movement Association. Miss Jane is now developing her own early childhood music curriculum that can used in the classroom and private studio settings.